Salvador Rodriguez’ (CEO and founder) passion for the coffee business began in 1999 when he made a commercial tour to Europe with his father, Mr. Anibal Rodriguez Chavez. This was his first experience interacting with green coffee buying clients in Germany, Holland, and Denmark.
Maku Coffee Sociedad Anonima is a family-owned and operated business founded back in 2017 with a supply chain of 25 small producers located in the San Juan Rio Coco and Dipilto area. Currently, the company has a supply chain of more than 400 small coffee producers, 7 purchasing centers, and more than 300 small producers certified under the Rainforest Alliance and Cafe Practices seals.
By 2024, we are one of the leading companies in the export of sustainable coffees from Nicaragua.
- Manage sustainable coffee supply chains;
- Provide technical, financial, and commercial services that improve the quality of life of the coffee-growing families that make up our supply chain;
- Connect Nicaraguan coffee with roasters, importers, and traders around the world;
- Contribute to the economic and social well-being of our employees and their families.
- Quality: in our service and the coffee we sell.
- Commitment: We seek to build long-term relationships with our customers and coffee suppliers, helping improve the coffee-growing communities at the origin from a social, economic, and environmental perspective.
- Transparency: In our actions carried out in the local market and in the way we negotiate prices with our suppliers and customers.
- Family: We promote family values with our collaborators and suppliers.
- Faith: Our faith in God is the foundation of everything we do.
Meet the Team:
CEO and Founder
Trading and Logistics
Accounting and Finances